Thursday, August 20, 2009

abolitionist

“And, sir, when we think of eternity, and of the future consequences of all human conduct, what is there in this life that should make any man contradict the dictates of his conscience, the principles of justice, the laws of religion, and of God?” -William Wilberforce

Wilberforce was a abolitionist working to end a huge problem in his world- the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade (1600-1800s). And he did play a huge role in ending it. Now... there is a huge problem facing our generation: Abortion- yes abortion. It is ending the life of millions of babies every year and I am not just going to sit around and watch. I want to be like Wilberforce and help to END abortion in my nation- and around the world. I don't want my grandchildren to ask me, "Why do people not want to keep their babies?" My dream is that abortion won't even be legal. IF I had been alive in the times of slavery- my home would have been a "safe house"- for the underground railroad. I would have risked my life to save others. But I was born into a generation that accepts killing in the womb- just like so many accepted slavery. Doesn't our Constitution say that "All men are created equal"? The abolitionists argued this back in the 1800s, and I say it again: WE ARE ALL CREATED EQUAL! That means that we should respect all life-

Jesus loves you and Jesus loves babies....

No comments:

Post a Comment